Since I took a few weeks off from blogging in the craziest part of June, right before our reception to get things done offline, I have so much to share with you!
When deciding what to do for our card box, I knew I needed to keep it simple & cheap and would probably make something myself. Inspired by this DIY tutorial & this post, I knew this would be the perfect solution, so I decided to come up with my own simple version.
First, I found a font I loved in word, enlarged it & printed it out.
Next, I carefully cut out the word with an X-acto knife,
being careful to save the inside of the "a" & "d".
Then, using double sided tape, I carefully aligned the stencil onto the side of the mailbox. Tip: mine bled a bit because I didn't use enough tape. If I were to do this again, I'd be sure to tape around each letter, as close to the hole as possible and leaving no gaps.
Finally, I painted in the word. The stencil is just to get the basic font, size, & alignment. After I peeled away the stencil, I had to compensate for bleeding & add additional coats of paint.
After about 30 minutes of work and $12, I think this project was perfect: it gave people a safe & clearly marked container to drop their cards at the reception!
Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of our gift table- still waiting for those folks who have taken pics to deliver them too me!