1. Herringbone Cowl- This pattern, by The Purl Bee, goes pretty quickly once you get the stitch down. Knitting winter wear is a lovely gift idea. I've given many a hat, cowl, scarf, or mitten set over the years.
2. Beaded Wrap Bracelet- I'm no jeweler. But, there are so many great tutorials out there, like this one, why not try your hand at a simple project like this one? It's quick and relatively painless.
3. Embroidered Pillow- Cross stitching or embroidery is easy enough for anyone to do. If you're one who gets board of creating pieces for the wall, why not stitch your pattern on a larger piece of fabric and then sew it into a pillow?
4. Embroidered Linen Napkins- Even if your sewing skills are novice level (like mine were when I made these) making a set of napkins involves little more than cutting squares of fabric, turning the corners under and hemming them. You could even do them by hand if you don't have a machine and add embroidery or cross stitching for personalization! I'm thinking a monogramed set would make for a very handsome gift!
5. Crafty Caddy- Many of us know someone else who is also crafty. If you can sew, this is a great & relatively beginner project found in the book 1-2-3- Sew by Ellen Luckett Baker.
6. Quilted Place Mats- This project is also found in the aforementioned book 1-2-3- Sew. It is time consuming, and can end up being a bit pricy based on your fabric choice, but this is a wonderful gift! I've given a set to my mother-in-law (who raves about them) and am planning on making a matching table runner this holiday season!
7. Sun Glasses Case- I found this cute pattern here. It's fun to work through and very adorable.
8. Love Heart Magnets- I made these for Valentines day one year, but they can easily work for the holidays as well. It's one of those sentimental gifts that I just love coming up with; The X + X heart is for the parents or couple, and the =X heart is for each subsequent child. I'm a brainiac, I know.
I hope you've enjoyed this mini-series! What will you be making for the holidays?