This week I started the final chapter in my Project Sewing 101 book, Blockhead Animals. The first project is supposed to be a mouse pincushion, teaching how to sew and stuff a basic pyramid form. I already have a pincushion I like, so I decided to stuff it with catnip and modify it into a cat toy.
This project seemed easy enough, but when I finished and flipped it inside out I realized I wasn't as precise as I had hoped; the face isn't quite positioned where I would have wanted and the head is a bit wonky where the seems meet at the top there.
However, It was a pretty good try, I think, and very cute.
Lucy doesn't seem to mind either;) As soon as I started stuffing the catnip & polyfill, she somehow knew and came immediately over to supervise.